Terms of Service
Please read the following terms and conditions before buying device(s) or sending us your devices(s). You agree to be bound to our terms and conditions when you submit a order.
GR Phones Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales:
Company number: 11402150
Unit 76 Basepoint Lincoln Road
Cressex Business Park
The make and model stated by you when registering your order must match as well as meet the following criteria:
- There must be a battery included.
- The device must not be black listed.
Grading Your Device(s)
We grade your device based on the condition. To receive the full estimated value your device must be in full working order with all functions working and power on and off. We do accept faulty devices however your estimated value will be reduced based on the faults.
Examples of how faults are classified includes but is not limited to camera damage or camera not working fully; cracked or broken LCD; hinges that are snapped; device(s) that have buttons missing or as well as other keyboard damage; charging port on device not working; earpiece damage; microphone damage; missing parts; cracked backs; faulty touch screen; device not powering on; software that is defective or faulty; home button or touch ID faults.
Batteries must be included with your device(s); devices must not be barred; liquid damaged or pin lock; must not be reported to the police as lost or stolen and must be of UK/EU specification. When our team test your device(s) if any of these faults are identified your payout will be reduced accordingly.
Subject to these terms any device(s) not listed on our website will be automatically recycled. We are happy to recycle these device(s) but please make sure you want us to do this on your behalf. Please be ware that no payment will be received for such devices.
Your device(s) should be in good condition to receive a payment. In some cases depending on the device or condition we will not be able to offer any payment.
Any damage or anything that has an impact on us to recycle or refurbish your device(s) will mean a reduction in payment to reflect this. The final decision in these cases will be made by GR Phones.
You are choosing to comply with these terms by submitting an order through our website or our parent company Gadget Rehab.
Please remove iCloud or Google account locks including any passwords or PIN numbers before sending your device(s) to us.
The prices of devices are subject to change at any time to reflect the market conditions. The prices can change by the day. Please be aware that the price can change the next day if your order has not been fully submitted.
Once we receive your device the price quoted for your device(s) is guaranteed to remain the same for 14 days. GR Phones makes the final decision on any device value.
Our tests for incorrect information
Every device received is checked to ensure it is in compliance with our terms and conditions. If we find that the make and model does not match what you have put through on your sales order we will email you with a new revised offer to reflect this.
If the incorrect make or model is sent to us we will email you with the correct make or model as well as the correct value. If you have selected the incorrect network we may reduce your payment in some cases to reflect the correct information.
You have the choice to continue with the revised value or we can return your device(s) to you within 14 days which will terminate our contract and the sale will not progress.
Red flagged devices
We use the National checkMEND database using the unique imei to check for the status of all devices received. Your device will be red flagged if it has been classed as stolen, lost or blacklisted on the checkMEND database.
By law we must retain your device for up to 28 days until the red flag has been removed. The status will be reviewed during this period. You will need to contact checkMEND if you are advised that your device has been red flagged. The 28 days period is put in place to enable the rightful owner of the device to have the red flag removed.We will notify you of the procedure by email.
If during the 28 days period the red flag is removed then your device will be paid for and processed and will not be returned. Please note, that by law if the red flag has not been removed within the 28 days period then we will have to dispose of your device. No payment will be received.
Please be ware that you will be required to co-operate with the authorities if any issues arise.
Devices with 'Activation Locks'
Your price will be reduced to 10% of the value if we email you regarding activation locks present and we do not receive a response within 4 days.
Testing for damage
For damaged devices we will try and offer you value when it is possible. But we are not obligated to purchase your device.
Devices that are received in pieces or parts will be recycled and not returned. If your device(s) has multiple faults or is beyond economical repair i.e. liquid damaged, in most cases the value for your device(s) will be zero.
You have the choice to continue with the revised value or we can return your device(s) to you within 14 days which will terminate our contract and the sale will not progress.
Devices with activation locks
If we receive your device with an activation lock we will email you with revised offer which will be 10% of the full price. You have the choice to continue with the revised value or we can return your device(s) to you within 14 days which will terminate our contract and the sale will not progress.
Once your device(s) have been fully tested by our team and meets our terms and conditions we will send payment by your chosen method within 2 working days. There will be no circumstances where we would make a payment before this time.
Postage and returns
It is at your own risk when you send your device(s) to us. If your device(s) is lost or damaged before it arrives at our warehouse we are not liable. Also, we are not liable for any damage in transit if we return your device back to you.
Please package your device(s) well to minimise the risk of damage. You will need to drop off your device(s) to the local Post Office or drop off point. It is very important that you receive receipt for proof of your postage.
If your device(s) are lost in the post you can make a claim against Royal Mail. However, we cannot guarantee that it will be successful. The Royal Mail website will have information of how to make a claim. Adequate cover will need to be specified when sending your device(s)
If you package was damaged before reaching our warehouse it will be returned back to you. If you wish you can then make a claim directly through the courier service i.e.Royal Mail . Again, we cannot guarantee that any claim will be successful. We are not liable for any claims refused by third parties.
SECTION 2 - BUYING GOODS THROUGH THIS WEBSITE
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, give us a call on 01494534008.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are GR Phones Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 11402150 whose registered office is at Unit 76 Basepoint Lincoln Road, Cressex Business Park, Buckinghamshire, HP12 3RL with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone number 01494534008; (the Supplier or us or we).
- These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer's order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- Website means our website www.grphones.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
- The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
- In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
- Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 14 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
- The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
- We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
- we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
- after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
- If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
- You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
- The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
- You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
- goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
- in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
- Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
- You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website www.grphones.co.uk. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
- Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
- If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
- If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at Unit 76 Basepoint Lincoln Road, Cressex Business Park, Buckinghamshire, HP12 3RL without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
- For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
- distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
- sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
Conformity and guarantee
- We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- Upon delivery, the Goods will:
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- conform to their description.
- It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
- We will immediately, or within a reasonable time, give you the benefit of the free guarantee given by the manufacturer of the Goods. Details of the guarantee, including the name and address of the manufacturer, the duration and territorial scope of the guarantee, are set out in the manufacturer's guarantee provided with the Goods. This guarantee will take effect at the time the Goods are delivered, and will not reduce your legal rights.
- We will provide the following after-sales service: GR Phones will give a warranty on all goods sold through our website. Our warranty is usually 3, 6 or 12 months depending on the device purchased. Your warranty for the item will be made clear within the item description. GR Phones will support customers in installing and activating their new device as part of our customer service guarantee.
Successors and our sub-contractors
Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
- Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- 'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
- 'GDPR' means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- 'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Goods to you.
- Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
- before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
- we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
- we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
- For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If for any reason the customer is unhappy with our goods or services and wishes to make a complaint or dispute customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 3 working days.
- These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).
Model cancellation Form
GR Phones Ltd
Unit 76 Basepoint Lincoln Road
Cressex Business Park
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01494534008